vIAHA Midget Scholarships
A maximum of three $500.00 scholarships are awarded annually, one in each of the following three zones:
• South Island MHAs include: Juan de Fuca, Kerry Park, Peninsula, Saanich, Sooke, Victoria and Victoria Racquet Club
• Mid Island MHAs include: Alberni Valley, Cowichan Valley, Lake Cowichan, Nanaimo and Oceanside
• North Island MHAs include: Campbell River, Comox Valley, Gold River, Powell River and Tri-Port
The scholarship selections will be based on the following:
• Academic achievement
• Good school and community participation and service
• Hockey participation
To be eligible, players or game officials must be:
• Currently registered in Juvenile or their last year of Midget.
• Scholarship funds must be used for tuition at an accredited post-secondary institution.
• Winners must provide proof of enrolment and payment of tuition fees in order for the scholarship award to be payable to the student.
• Winners may request an extension to their scholarship of up to one (1) year provided that such a request is put in writing to the Executive Director and approved by the VIAHA Officers.
• All supporting documentation MUST accompany the application form.
The deadline to submit applications is March 31st, 2018. The scholarship applications will then be reviewed by a committee appointed by the VIAHA President and winners will be announced at the VIAHA Annual General Meeting on May 27th, 2018. All applications become the property of VIAHA and will not be returned to the applicant.
The document VIAHA_2018_Scholarship_Awards_Application_Form.pdf was attached to this post.